Maag Commplus is passionate about giving back to the community and supporting those who are committed to impacting lives in a positive way.
To that end, Al is proud of his involvement with several noteworthy organizations and further pleased to have been voted Volunteer Executive of the Year by the Phoenix Business Journal in 2008.
In 1991 Al and his family formed the Maag Toy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that collects new toys for needy children.
- In 2012 Al joined the board, now president at the Miracle League of Arizona, where children with special needs go to play baseball.
- Community advisory board of PBS since 2015
- Board member 2011, Goodwill (Arizona)
- Board member 2001 to 2013, Phoenix Sports Commission including Hall of Fame Awards Program co-host with Jerry Colangelo
- Taliesin West steward of Frank Lloyd Wright’s national landmark in Scottsdale since 2013.
- Board member of GPEC (Great Phoenix eCommerce council 2000-2010)
- Colltey Sheldon currently serves on the board of Phoenix Women’s Sports Association
- Al served on the board of the MVP Foundation, an Arizona-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that leverages the power of professional sports to provide opportunities, support and resources to children and families in need.